The most advanced and intelligent design in soundhole mounted pickups.
The Tri-Ax active soundhole pickup, with its built in class A discrete preamp, features outstanding body sensitivity with great warmth and presence. Its dual-coil design employs L.R. bags exclusive patented Tri-Axial Dynamic Technology, which senses both the string and body vibrations for a clear, rich and complex tone. The design is highly resistant to feedback, noise and hum. A volume control is conveniently located for fingertip control.
The Tri-Ax will fit all guitars with a soundhole larger than 3.5” that are centered beneath the strings.
For players that use the Takamine Cool Tube® preamp, the tri-Ax is system matched to work flawlessly as the second source “(aux)” pickup. A connecting cable is supplied with each tri-Ax.
• Sound board sensitive, dual coil magnetic pickup
• System matched to our Cool Tube® preamp
• Noiseless class A all discreet line driver
• Adjustable pole pieces for balance control
• Highly feedback resistant
• Passive/active switch
• Volume control
• 1000 hour battery life with CR2032 coin cell
System Matched Performance
• Tri-Ax is “System Matched” to augment the Cool Tube® preamp. The pickup comes with the cable to connect to the aux input.
• In passive mode the Tri-Ax uses the Cool Tube® preamp Aux control to
blend effectively with the Palathetic™ pickup for a new level of tonal
• The Tri-Ax is silent and adds a brilliance to the midrange and fattens up the treble strings, especially beyond the 7th fret.
Stand Alone Pickup
• The Tri-Ax comes with a cable-to-end-pin jack connection for use when installing in an acoustic guitar.
• In active mode the Tri-Ax delivers a full, robust signal that is
capable of being plugged directly into an amp or mixing console.
• The triaxial design outperforms the other magnetic-only pickups on the market.